Monday, April 13, 2009

Goodbye Stand-Up

Well, it looks like this will be my final post for my stand-up blog. I definitely feel accomplished and content with all the posts that I have made. More importantly, I believe I've developed a better understanding and appreciation for the art of stand-up. Hopefully, all the viewers have taken something away from reading my posts as well. Some of my writings can be a little subjective to say the least, but I am a firm believer in learning from others' perspectives. Even if you might disagree with some of my issues on stand-up, you are still learning something from my experience. 

Something about writing my ideas out on paper (or in this case, a computer) have cleared my thoughts and opinions. I believe people should do this kind of activity more often. Whether if its on a blogging site, a personal journal, with people viewing, or without people viewing, people should get their thoughts and ideas out. Not just for the sake free speech or expressing one's self, but also for the sake of rhetoric thinking. Writing makes you a better conversationalist, a better critical and abstract thinker, and writing also gives you a better appreciation for writers in general. And I am not just saying this to sound pretentious. Since starting this blog, I have felt more fluidity in my words and speech; and my thoughts have been clearer when talking as opposed to before where they used be jumbled up. 

I would like to thank all the comedians who have given me so much comical pleasure over the years and provided me with good writing material such as: Dave Chappelle, Dane Cook, George Carlin, Brian Regan, Bill Cosby, Jim Gaffigan, and Jim Breuer. Through watching these and other comdians' routine, I feel like a little part of their act lives inside me. Like a habit, I find myself repeating similar jokes in a subconscious fashion. I say "similar jokes" and "subconscious fashion" because there is nothing that I hate more then hearing someone else intentionally repeat an exact joke, word-for-word, from a comedian, and not giving rightful acknowledgement. That is like plagiarism, only worse. (just a joke) 

To finally wrap up my blog, I would like thank all viewers and comments on my blog about Stand-Up Comedy. I hope you have learned something about the art of comedy; and even if you felt as though you did not, I hope you have acquired a better understanding and appreciation for the blogger, in general. Maybe this will influence you to start a blog of your own, if you haven't already. At the least, maybe start reading a bit more. I know I will... God Bless 

3 comments:

  1. I hope this isn't your last post. While it may be your final post for the class, I hope you continue writing on this blog. It is very interesting, and I think it is only the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, I have just discovered this blog and it's interesting. No pressure but please....carry on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete